Education Lesson on FT 8
The following outline is an introduction to the digital mode on hf.
- 1.Get the latest software at https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html
- 2.Your computer needs digital audio drivers
- 3.Your computer has to be in sync with the time and must be within +/-.5 seconds https://time.gov/
- 4.Regardless of what band your rig is on it must be in USB
- 5.Each cycle of ft 8 is 15 seconds long.
- 6. Unlike regular SSB everybody is on same rf frequency. each station must use an audio frequency unique to their station in Hz. it is selectable on main page and can be changed any time.
- 7.When the proper hand shake is complete a pop-up window allows you to save the QSO.
- 8.every contact is color coded example bright pink means a new DXCC country, green means you have worked that station already. bright blue means new station not yet worked. in the set up menu there is a color chart with other options.
- 9.Watch the videos on you tube for more details. https://www.google.com/search?q=YOU+TUBE+FT+8&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS780US780&oq=YOU+TUBE+FT+8&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.6665j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.